OIADA's Frequently Asked Questions
First you must register for the Pre-licensing education class.
Refer to the BMV Website for the Used dealer application, complete and submit your application (with a copy of the training certificate and all required photos) to dealer licensing at PO Box 16521 Columbus, Ohio. 43216-6521.
Typically 6-8 weeks.
- Phone – Landline/cellphone on desk
- Lot/location (showing what is on both sides)
- Posted hours of operation
- Inside office space (minimum 180 sq ft) showing a desk, 3 chairs and a file cabinet.
- Permanent sign including phone number (must be the exact business name) Letters must be at least 6 inches tall
Yes, the compliance form found on the BMV website must be completed.
The certificate is valid for 6 months effective the date the class was taken.
As many as you want, however the BMV bases the number of plates you get at renewal on the number of cars sold.
A dealer must apply to transfer the title into the customer name within 30 days.
Dealer’s must notify the BMV in writing (form BMV 4372) within 15 days of the change and send it to:
PO Box 16521
Columbus, OH 43216-6521
Along with a photo of the newly posted hours on the building.