Gone are the days when selling cars was a straightforward affair. Nowadays, customers are taking a more proactive role in the car-buying process. They are no longer content to sit back and let the sales team do all the talking. Instead, they are actively seeking out information and making their own decisions. This means that traditional advertising methods are no longer as effective as they once were in generating a steady flow of customers.
Updating your digital marketing strategy is essential for attracting high-quality leads to your dealership. With more and more people relying on their own online research to make decisions, having a comprehensive digital marketing plan is key to staying ahead of the competition.
Importance of online marketing in auto dealerships
The automotive industry is one of six industries where online research is consistently carried out prior to offline purchases, with potential car buyers taking to the internet to guide their decisions. This trend towards web-based interactions has had a significant impact on all industries, particularly on the automotive industry, where reviews are often consulted.
By leveraging online automotive marketing, you can ensure that shoppers in your area are aware of your dealership and the cars you have for sale. This will help you stand out from the competition and be chosen by those looking for new or used vehicles. Research shows that only 8% of used car buyers make decisions based solely on what they hear from salespeople at the dealership, while the other 92% are heavily influenced by the information they find online.
In light of the fact that the majority of car buyers are beginning their search online, automotive marketers must shift their strategies to the web. This is not just an extra chore, but rather a chance to display your products and reach out to leads that may have otherwise been missed. Digital marketing offers a variety of special opportunities to do this as follows:
The automotive industry is heavily reliant on video content. People need to visualize themselves in a new vehicle and want to view the car before they purchase it, so providing them with videos of the vehicle can give them an idea of what it looks and feels like. Whether you post the videos on your website, social media, or YouTube, they can be a powerful tool in convincing customers to buy a car without ever having to leave their homes. The evidence that video can be a powerful tool for motivating customers to act is clear. Google’s research found that 40% of people who watched a video about cars or trucks eventually visited a dealership. This means that your video can do a lot of the hard work for you, and your sales team just needs to give the final nudge to get people to complete the purchase.
The most successful online videos for car dealerships usually demonstrate the main characteristics of the vehicle. These videos may include test drives, demonstrations of accessories, and even 360-degree virtual tours that give viewers a complete experience of being in the car.
Regarding the lack of trust in customer-dealership relationships, it is important to take advantage of online reputation management to attract more customers. This includes responding to online reviews, both positive and negative, as well as actively working to increase the number of positive reviews. Auto marketers should pay attention to the feedback on dealership review sites, such as CARFAX, in addition to the more general review sites like Google and Facebook. These platforms are frequented by serious car buyers, who are more likely to select your dealership if your customers have good things to say. While online reviews may not have the same impact as personal recommendations, they can reach a much larger audience and can influence a new lead to visit your website or dealership.
Creating a website tailored to the needs of consumers is key to gaining their interest. It should be fast-loading and user-friendly for all users, regardless of whether they are accessing it from a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
To have your website at the top of search inquiries, you need to consider search engine optimization (SEO). Incorporating keywords into your website and blog content can help you rank higher for relevant terms and provide car shoppers with the information they need. Think about the features they might be looking for, which vary depending on your target audience. More importantly, when creating an SEO plan that is centered around the user, local SEO should be taken into consideration. Because people who are looking to buy a car often prefer to shop for dealerships in their area. Having a comprehensive Google My Business listing can be very beneficial in this regard.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this article, please email Sean@Glo3D.com
AI-based, Digital Merchandising.
Virtual tour, Video Tour.